Hotel Executive Training & Development Program
|Posted by Hotel Training on January 24, 2009 at 1:21 AM|
Ecogreen - Helping Hotels to be Environment Friendly
EcoGreenHotel.com was launched early in 2008 and is planning for considerable growth in 2009. The planned growth will be with vendor partners that target the hospitality industry, sustainable hotel partners and a consulting arm that will be working with both new and existing properties.
EcoGreenHotel will provide ‘Green' Consulting Services to include:
- Audit of hotel building design and operations
With plenty of information on green products and services, industry “green” news, basic environmental overview and tools like checklists, green project ideas, book lists and resourceful links for a more sustainable hotel, EcogreenHotel.com is a marketplace.
EcoGreen Hotel follows various green hotel practices. The top ten are listed below:
1. Buying recycled-content products for the office, construction and remodeling projects,
2. Installing energy efficient lighting fixtures, fluorescent bulbs, HVAC and other electrical equipment,
3. Institute a linen reuse program in guest rooms
4. Starting a recycling program for trash from guest rooms, the kitchen and business office.
5. Hiring energy expert to conduct an audit of hotel,
6. Evaluating cleaners, sanitizers, paints, pesticides and other products used,
7. Monitoring, record and post rates of energy and water use. Watch for changes that may indicate repair or equipment change,
8. Providing incentives to encourage staff participation in efforts to "green" the establishment,
9. Installing water conserving showerheads, faucets and toilets in guest rooms,
10. Donating leftover food, amenities and other extras to local shelters or other recipients.
EcoGreen is a valuable resource for hoteliers. EcoGreenhotel.com helps hotels to address environmental issues in a better way and implements environment friendly initiatives.
For more information on EcoGreenHotel or available consulting services, please visit http://www.ecogreenhotel.com
About the Author: